CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

I Hate the Park and Ride....

So I recently started taking the bus to work again based on my changing groups. I happen to enjoy taking the bus as it allows me to kick back and relax as someone else puts up with the other idiot drivers on the road. However, there are minor "issues" I have with taking the bus. The biggest is the ghetto teens and crazy people that "hang out" at the Park and Ride. WTF? Why the Park and Ride? There is simply nothing cool about a large parking lot where you wait a few minutes for a bus to come. Seriously, I think that if you do not have a job and are not going to school and you don't have a valid and meaningful purpose to be at the Park and Ride, you should be BANNED! A valid reason does not consist of skipping school to wait at the Park and Ride for 2 hours before your bus shows up to be able to hit Downtown Seattle to score crack and annoy the business folk who are actually being productive.
And while waiting 2 hours for the bus to show, why do these teenagers insist on speaking as loudly as they possibly can about all the crazy shit that is going on in their teenage lives - ie; sex, someones baby mama drama, drugs, fighting, skipping out on curfew - you name it. Now, I realize that I was once an idiot teenager that talked about stupid teenage things. However, I choose to do this in the privacy of my own home with my other idiot teenage friends. And if not in the privacy of my own home - I knew to use "indoor voices" and not let the rest of the world know exactly what I was talking about. Seriously, I don't need to know that Tammy (who is probably only 12) is in the hospital because her baby's daddy put the beat down on her for taking his last smoke yo!
Maybe I'm being a bit harsh. I have only started taking the bus again and it's only been a few days....however, I have noticed that each morning, there is a new group of hoodlums talking about some ghetto something or another and they are making their conversation known to all of the nice productive worker bees. I also happen to notice that in the 10 minutes I am waiting for my bus to come, several other buses arrive - and the kids do not get on these other buses. I almost wonder if they just don't sit at the Park and Ride all day long and annoy people and then call it a day once school is supposed to be out. Do these kids get paid by someone? Not really sure how the whole thing works. I'd skip work one day to investigate but I actually enjoy life and fear that these little hood rats would probably beat me within inches of my life - they tend to travel/hang out in packs. Now if I could guarantee that I could totally rip into one of these hoodies and not have to suffer dire consequences - it'd SO be go time!!
I definitely have a feeling you will all be hearing more about my adventures with the Park and Ride and the bus itself. Right now, I don't have any fun bus stories to share but if I recall from back in the day, I had plenty after a couple of months. Stay tuned....and don't let me find you hanging out at the Park and Ride or I'm going to be pissed!!

1 comments:

Presca Lynn said...

you are freakin funny! I love it!!