CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 6, 2009

The New 25 Random Things List?

So while reading my usual fav blogs after lunch, I came across one one where you were to list 30 random songs from your iPod and make a little comment about why you love them or what they meant to you or whatever. So, being it's a Friday, I'm done with lunch and ready for work to be over, I thought there was no better way to spend my time than doing this random 30.

So I put my ear buds in and hit play and here are the first 30 songs from my Zune.

1) "Hey There Delilah" - Plain White T's - I just think this is a beautiful song. And no, I'm not sick of it. I rarely listen to the radio so I haven't run into the whole "God, that song sucks, it's so overplayed" mood.

2) "Gypsy" - Fleetwood Mac - This reminds me of my 80's moon boots for some odd reason. However, when Stevie Nicks hits minute 1:44 through 2:25, I love love love this part of the song and wish I could belt it out at the top of my lungs when no one else is around.

3) "Simply the Best" - Tina Turner - This song makes me cry just about every time I listen to it. It means the world to me. Back in 2007, My mom and dad would have been celebrating their 30 year wedding anniversary and my dad was planning a special something for them and had picked this song to blare when my mom arrived. A majority of the time, I can only listen to this song for about 20 seconds before I have to change it.

4) "American Baby" - Dave Matthews Band - This song just makes me smile.

5) "Chasing Pavements" - Adelle - This is another beautiful song. Her voice is amazing. It doesn't bring back any memories or anything like that - I just enjoy the song.

6) "Fuck Me Pumps" - Amy Winehouse - Ha ha ha - pass. I get to take a pass right....? I don't have nice things to say about a person in particular when I hear this song.

7) "Take Your Mama Out" - Scissor Sisters - This song reminds me of the night we were at Rachele's house celebrating some one's b-day (don't remember who though) and Nick and Joel were singing this song at the top of their lungs.

8) "The Bartender" - Rehab - I heard this song for the first time when I was in Amber and Greg's RV and we were on our way to go camping and Amber and I were completely sloshed and hadn't even gotten to the campsite yet. I was amazed and in awe that Greg had installed such an amazing sound system in this old school RV.

9) "Patience" - GNR - Ha, when I have had a few too many, I love to listen to this song on repeat and I couldn't tell you why. Although, sadly enough, I can't whistle worth a lick so the first almost minute of the song is pointless to me.

10) "Gloria" - Van Morrison - I always picture my dad playing air guitar and singing this song in a weird raspy voice because he apparently thinks he sounds like Van Morrison.

11) "Regulate" - Warren G - MOUNT UP!

12) "Wheelz of Steel" - Outkast - Still don't know all the words to this song even though it's my life goal to be able to sing this whole song. Almost there, maybe....

13) "Signs" - Tesla - I rocked the shit out of this tape back in the day!

14) "Untouchable Face" - Ani DiFranco - If I were gay, I would so make this my "dedication" breakup song!

15) "I Need Love" - LL Cool J - When he says "the warmth that is created by a girl and a boy" - when I was little, I swear he said "the womb that is created by a girl and a boy". Anyway, I know EVERY.WORD.OF.THIS.SONG and can rap/sing it in my best LL voice.

16) "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" - The Animals - I don't remember how my mom and I came upon this song way back in the day - but we did and shortly after, I found the cd in my room.

17) "Stronger" - Kanye West - I love to blare this one at the gym for some reason, it seems to give me a second wind most of the time.

18) "Love is a Battlefield" - Pat Benatar - This song screams Shana. I think of her every time! We can do the moves from the video like it's no body's business.

19) "Sympathy for the Devil" - Rolling Stones - My dad and I were going to make this our father/daughter dance at my wedding but my mom about lost it when we told her what we were planning. This song is a staple between my dad and I. Summers in Chelan playing pool, it's on without fail.

20) "One Call Away" - Chingy - This is just a catchy tune in my opinion. No fun memories or anything like that.

21) "Whatever You Like" - T.I. - Reminds me of Rachele. It's another catchy one - but nothing really comes to mind when I listen to it other than liking it and possibly being able to listen to it on repeat from time to time. I'm talking big boy rides and big boy ice let me put this big boy in your life....

22) "The Next Episode" - Dr. Dre and Snoop - This song is just plain gangster. THUG LIFE!

23) "In the Middle" - Jimmy Eat World - Okay, it too me FOREVER to figure out what the hell he was saying in chorus of this song - and once I knew what he was saying, I felt like a jackass for not having a clue for as long as I did.

24) "I Hate You So Much" - Kelis - When this song came out, I was in a relationship and wished I could break up with the person just so I could play this song full blast over and over and over and over. And sadly enough, I did wish that he would cheat on me just so this song would be valid when I played it.

25) "Wish You Were Here" - Pink Floyd - Love this song but the beginning of it takes too long and the song itself is too short.

26) "My Best Friends Girl" - The Cars - Well, since I just watched the movie My Best Friend's Girl - this song makes me think of that movie.

27) "So What" - Pink - I love Pink. She's so fun. I really hope that her and Carey Hart can reconcile and make lots of talented babies that can sing and motor cross like there's no tomorrow. I wonder if we'll see Carey Hart in Vegas next weekend when we stop into his tattoo shop....hmmmm. Maybe I'll meet Pink and we'll become besties and she'll dedicate her next album to me.

28) "Bold As Love" - Jimi Hendrix - This is another one that I love love love. It's just an awesome song!

29) "Rocket Man" - Elton John - LOVE ELTON JOHN! Rachele was supposed to take me to this concert with her when she got tickets from d-bag for her b-day - but d-bag did not give her the chance to see if she wanted to take me - instead he took the second ticket and they went. I hate him.

30) "Work That We Do (The Red) - Sublime - This song needs to be longer.

So that's all....I guess I tag you now.

1 comments:

Katie said...

ani defranco - i haven't listend to her in years. one might wonder if she still has that old angst against old lovers? love all your songs too...
kd