CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Gasp - Trying.Not.To.Cry

So, in my quest to have my precious baby boy, I gained a whopping 70 pounds. I got HUGE. Since having Cole, I have managed to lose 45 pounds thus far but still have 35 to go. Not bad in my opinion but I still have to really be kicking my ass to get the rest of this weight off. Now, for those of you who have seen me lately, I don't look pregnant - at least I don't think. Just larger than I was. I have not yet gotten back to the more form fitting shirts/tops that I used to wear pre-prego days. Rather, I wear shirts that are a bit flowier (is that even a word). And I refuse to shop for other clothing items until I have lost more weight.

Now, onto the reason for the above paragraph.

Setting: On the elevator at work. Man enters.

Man: Hello, how are you?

Me: Good thanks.

Man: When are you due?

Me: Blank stare

Man: You are pregnant, aren't you?

Me: I'm not pregnant.

Man: Oh, you look....

Me: (cutting him off) - It's the style of the shirt.

Man: Wow, I'm so sorry. Well, I guess I have nothing more to say to you now.

Me: It's cool.

Uncomfortable silence for the next 6 floors while I reach my destination.....

Man: Have a nice day.


WTF? Are you fucking kidding me! Haven't we hit the total P.C. age where even if you know someone is 9 months pregnant and about to pop - you STILL don't assume they're pregnant and you certainly don't ask when they're due....?

Woe is me. I feel like climbing into bed right now with a big grab bag of comfort foods.

6 comments:

Katie said...

oh hell no! sorry that happend to you - i hope he has learned his lesson!!!! ACK !

Presca Lynn said...

hell!! Well Sara, you do not look prego at all! So F him. You were very polite about the whole thing......I don't think I would have been so nice!

xoxo

Emily said...

Found you on Mama's losin it and LOVE your blog, but I need to tell you.
I have been on the recieving end of that comment THREE times, and it really doesnt hurt any less after the first one.
People are just fucking ignorant.
I think the fabulous George Clooney said it best "I find it important to NEVER ask a woman if she is pregnant until I actually SEE the baby coming out of her vagina".
Thank you George.

Etzkorn Family said...

OMG, Sara I am so sorry! So people have no clue!!

Anonymous said...

Sara you look great! Yeah ignorant is right. What a shit head idiot.

kisatrtle said...

OUCH. Sorry that happened to you. Do you want me to kick his ass?