CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cole McGowan Stredicke

Well, he's here. Long story short....Steve and I went into Swedish on Saturday afternoon because of some things that I had been experiencing that day. Turns out, my water broke. I wasn't going home no matter what. I finally fell asleep around 1:00 am that morning and then one hour later, it was GO TIME! I can not even describe contractions. They are evil. I got an epidural (THANK GOD) around 3:00-3:30am and was a happy camper from that point on. No feeling from the waist down, eh, can't complain there! I started pushing around 8:00-8:30 am and was totally gung ho for the first hour. Not so gung ho after that first hour. I had an amazing delivery and had so much fun - yes, fun. The friends/family that were in there with me by my side were amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better group/support system! Cole was born at 10:53 am on 05-18-2008. He was 5 lbs. 2 ounces and 17 3/4 inches long. He is still in the NICU unit but we hope that he will be home soon. I have so much I want to type and tell you all but I have to go pump some food for my little man before we head back to Swedish to see him for his "touch times". As soon as I get somewhat of a routine and normal schedule (yeah, good luck from what I hear), I'll post more. Here are some pics now and I will have more tonight and tomorrow for sure.






3 comments:

Presca Lynn said...

HE IS BEAUTIFUL!!! A HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU!!!

We cannot wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

Cole is so incredibly cute! I think he looks like mommy.Good work Sara and Steve! Best wishes and we will be praying for COle to come home soon.

Love to you all!! Can't wait to visit.

KatBouska said...

Oh he's gorgeous! And for being so early he sure has a head of hair on him. I can't wait for you to take him home either. That must be really hard for you guys! I can't wait to hear more!!