CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Not Exactly What I Had Planned for Today...

So today has been interesting and full of me being scared out of my mind. I got to work and was having a good/productive day. Around 10:00 this morning, I felt a nagging constant cramp on my left side. I tried to not think too much of it and continued on. Around 11:30 or so, the cramp was still there and getting slightly worse so I put a call into the nurse at my doctor's office. Around noon, I was extremely uncomfortable and called Steve to see if he could come pick me up. I'm thinking at this point, I am just going to go home and get some rest and let whatever this cramping business is run it's course. Steve is also at work and is able to come get me but it will be a while. I decide to buck up and take the bus home. NOT SMART!

I miss the commuter bus by 2 minutes so I opt to take the dreaded 120 thinking that I will just close my eyes for the ride and it will be over in no time and I'll be on the couch resting before I know it. WRONG!

We get onto the viaduct and I get that salty spit taste in my mouth - yuppa, I am about to puke. And, my back to front cramp on my left side is still nagging at me. I pull the next stop cord and call Steve to tell him that he needs to pick me up ASAP because I am getting off the buss at the first stop after the West Seattle Bridge. I was NOT going to be the weirdo that someone blogs about that puked on the bus. So I get off on Delridge. WTF was I thinking?

So I call Steve to let him know where I am and ask where he's at and I start to walk. Not sure what I thought that would accomplish but it was kindof getting my mind off of things until the nagging/constant cramping on my left side became significantly worse and I started to panic. Here I am at about 32 and a half weeks pregnant walking down Delridge trying to concentrate on not falling over and puking. I imagine I look exactly like a model strutting it on the run way in Paris or something. And the I remember that models don't have double/triple chins and an extra 65 lbs ta boot.

The cramping has gotten so bad now that I am walking down the street in tears and I can hardly talk. Steve is staying on the phone with me because he is so worried. We had both called Shana at some point earlier so Shana is clicking in on Steve's phone. Steve wants to let her know what's going on so he gets off and I decide to sit down because it just hurts to much at this point. I talk to the nurse again and she is wanting me to come into the office now.

So while Steve is en route to picking me up, Shana calls and I am on the phone with her. She proceeds to tell me that she KNOWS I'm in labor. Thanks Shana! She has also called everyone and their mom's dog to let them know it's baby time. Thanks again Shana! But she's talking and it's keeping my mind off of things so what to I do?

This post is getting VERY long so I'm going to get to it. Got the the doctor, they confirmed it was NOT labor. HA HA Shana! They are pretty positive that I have kidney stones at this point based on what I am describing and the death chop the doctor gave me in the back to confirm that whatever it was - it had to do with my kidney. They schedule me for two ultrasounds. One to make sure the baby is okay and the second to check out my kidneys.

Baby Cole is good - thank god! This is what had me in serious panic mode. But he's doing well. He's still a boy (made the technician check again) and everything looks and sounds good. He is currently 4 lbs. 9 ozs. and on his way to 50 lbs. How else do I explain the crazy weight gain other than my son will come out at 50 lbs meaning I've gained 15 pregnancy pounds. I'm right on track!

The second ultrasound showed NOTHING. The radiologist said that if I did in fact have kidney stones, it/they may have already passed. I don't buy it but whatever. If it/they had passed, why do I feel like I'm dying? While looking around at my innards, they check the gallbladder as well. Things look fine there too.

So Shana and I haul our butts back up to the doctor. They aren't sure what's going on but send me home because based on what they saw with the ultrasounds, they can't determine what the problem really is and since Cole is okay, they are much less concerned. So off I went with a prescription for some pain and nausea medication. If things don't get better, I will be back in the doctor tomorrow. Otherwise, I have my regular appointment on Monday.

Okay, got home, ate food I shouldn't have and have since puked 4 times now. I am also running a slight fever of 100. Oh, and don't let me forget to mention that my back is in wretched pain from the cramping. If I am even able to walk, it's slow going and straight to the bathroom to get more acquainted to the toilet. I am really hoping that whatever this is, it runs it's course and is gone by morning. I am staying home from work tomorrow in hopes of getting plenty of R&R before the busy weekend.

A big fat thanks to my sister, Shana for all of her help today!! I really should have puked in your car since you told everyone I was going into labor, but I'll save that for another day/time. :)

So needless to say, it doesn't sound like all that big of a deal, but I was scared out of my mind today. Calmer now - but that's probably because of the pain medicine.

To the lady that was walking down Delridge with a pigeon on her head (no shit), GET HELP! It's not normal to walk with a street bird on your head - spaz!

Hope everyone is having a better day than I am!

2 comments:

KatBouska said...

I can't tell you how many times I did that to Tracy, "Yep! You're in labor!! No doubt about it, time to pack your bags..." I was wrong every time.

But boy I just feel AWFUL for you!! Thank God everything is ok with the baby, but you sound miserable! Hopefull it's just a 24 hour flu thing (though I don't know what would be causing the cramping...definitely sound like contractions) and you can get some rest. Ditch the weekend plans. Just sleep.

Did they bother checking to see how far dilated you are?? I know you still have a little ways to go but, it sounds like this baby might have other plans...

Presca Lynn said...

Glad you are feeling better...
next time CALL ME... I am at home and can pick you up ANYTIME!!!!!!!!

:)